Friday, January 23, 2015

MLA format

Why do I have to follow a certain font, grammar and citation style when I am writing a paper?    How do I make my paper professional?

My idea is that college professors want all the papers they grade to be easy to read and look the same and so there are professional formats they ascribe to.

In reality, whole professions have a style of writing that has evolved from their specialties little proclivities.   Some of the most famous are called MLA, College and APA, (most commonly used by the social sciences world).  This is the format their professional papers are turned in to their industries for  printing in their professional publications.

MLA Overview Resource   is common for the writing industry.  So that is what our papers will be written and turned in using.

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/


How do I cite my sources on my paper?   THERE IS AN AP FOR THAT!


QUICK Online Citations Guide

http://www.easybib.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEY! Here's where to COMMENT! Whatdayathink?